Developing the Whole Child:
Education in Life…and for Life
Jeanne de Lestonnac was one of several pioneer saints whose philosophy embraced the education of the whole child. Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac School provides numerous opportunities for students at all grade levels to complement their academic achievement with both curricular and extended-curricular enrichment.
- The Instrumental Music Program
- The SJDL Lancer Band (grades 4-8) no previous training required (See link for detailed information and sign-up registration form.)
- The SJDL Recorder Ensemble grades 2-4(See link for detailed information and sign-up registration form.)
- The Christmas Mass Caroling Choir (grades 1-8)
- Liturgical and cultural dance
- Visual Arts Displays and Local Area Competition
- The After-School Theater Arts Program
- Showtime: one all-inclusive talent/variety show is in November and is open to all students in Preschool through Eighth-grade.
- The Annual Spring Musical/Play open to all grades three through eight: examples of such performances include: Disney’s Aladdin Jr., Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Jr., Disney’s The Lion King Jr., The Music Man Jr., Oklahoma Jr., The Wizard of Oz Jr., Disney’s Peter Pan Jr., The Sound of Music Jr., and Annie Jr.
The SJDL School Theater provides a powerful and transformational venue for students in grades preschool through grade eight. Public speaking, poise, stage presence, and confidence in front of an audience all promote the education of the whole child.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.