Christian Service Projects
TO DO LIST
from Micah 6-8:
Act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God.
AND THEN JESUS FILLS IN THE DETAILS
Jesus answered, “The first (Commandment) is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’
“The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:29-31
Catholic social teaching is quite clear that Christ affirmed care for our neighbor in need, and promised the most severe punishments for those who are indifferent to the plight of the poor, the suffering and/or the needy (Matt. 25:41-45).
With this always in mind, we strive to instill in our students, with the collaboration of the parents, the desire to “Extend their Hand” to others in time of need. The families of Saint Jeanne’s have a reputation for generously giving of time, treasure, and talent. Whether it be…
• helping people and our sister schools in other countries during natural disasters
• raising funds to cooperate in building a Catholic school in Mobokoli, Africa
• collecting food during Thanksgiving to share with Lestonnac Free Clinic
• adopting families at Christmas through Catholic Charities
• participating in the annual CHOC walk
• sending affirming messages to their classmates at Christmas and Valentine’s day
• praying for those who are serving in the Armed Forces
• providing baby items for Mary’s Shelter as part of the annual Child Mary celebration
• extending prayers and comfort in bereavement to our families in times of loss
…all is done in the Spirit of Jesus as Micah, Mark, and Matthew tell us.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.