Over the summer weeks we will be experimenting with a few different paltforms that may be used to deliver our SJDL Newsletter. We are hoping to find a platform that is easy to access and has the ability to be translated into various languages for our diverese SJDL family and friends. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to determine how we can improve our communicaiton and keep everyone informed.
If you would like to see this Newsletter in a translated format, please follow the steps below:
- While the Newsletter is open on your device, scroll to the bottom of the webpage.
- Under the Accreditation icons and the Social Media icons you will see a "Select Language" box.
- Click the drop down arrow and select the language you would like to read the newsletter.
Si desea ver este boletín en un formato traducido, siga los pasos a continuación:
- Mientras el boletín está abierto en su dispositivo, desplácese hasta la parte inferior de la página web.
- Debajo de los íconos de acreditación y los íconos de redes sociales, verá un cuadro "Seleccionar idioma".
- Haga clic en la flecha desplegable y seleccione el idioma en el que le gustaría leer el boletín.
Week of August 1
This week at a glance...
|Monday||Front Office Open 9am - 1pm
Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale - 3pm - 6pm Cafeteria
|Tuesday||Front Office Open 9am - 1pm|
|Wednesday||Front Office Open 9am - 1pm|
Front Office Open 9am - 1pm
|Friday||Front Office Open 9am - 1pm|
- Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale will be hosted in the school's Cafeteria on Monday, August 1, from 3pm - 6pm. We encourage all parents to take inventory of thier child(ren)'s uniform(s) to begin planning for ordering what will be needed to begin the school year.
- The Library Center will be open Thursday, August 4, from 4pm - 7pm for Summer AR teting.
Jesus, You show me what true humility looks like. You gave up everything to SERVE and save us. It's Your humble sacrifice that paved a way for me to experience fresh life. Thank you! Today, please replace pride with humility, and selfishness with selflessness. Change the way I think and act, and teach me to put others first in a healthy way that honors You. Help me to remember that my actions are greater than my opinions. Amen.
Dear Saint Jeanne Family,
There was great rejoicing in heaven yesterday afternoon when the angels and saints welcomed our beloved Sister Lupe into heaven! Sister Lupe had experienced a serious health event three days ago and the doctors did everything that could be done, but it was her time to meet her Creator whom she loved so much.
Sister Lupe also loved Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac School and she knew that you all loved her. She will now keep special watch over all of us.
May our dear Sister Lupe, teacher, and joyful friend, rest in the arms of the Lord. We will have the celebration of her life at school after the 1st of August; details to follow.
United in the Company of Mary,
Sister Cecilia Durán, O.D.N.
Welcome New Teachers
We are so thankful for our new teachers and would like to officially welcome them to our Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac Family.
First Grade: Ms. Christine Johnnie
Fourth Grade: Mr. Brent Gess
Fifth Grade: Mrs. Andrea Schartz
We would also like to welcome Mrs. Barretta to our Elementary Team as a Fourth-grade teacher.
With these additions to our team of teachers, we feel extremely blessed and know that God will continue to guide our school as we provide the highest levels of spiritual, emotional, social, physical and academic growth possible for all our students moving into the 2022-2023 school year.
School Supplies List
We would like to present the beginning of year supply list for our students. We have done all we can to minimize the supplies students will need to start the school year.
Please note the following:
- Due to limited classroom storage, it is important that students ONLY bring what is indicated on the respective grade level list.
- NO ZUCA style rolling back packs are permitted.
- Wired Earphones are required for all K-8th grade students. K-2 earphones need to be labled and will be kept in the classroom.
- 3rd-8th grade iPads should have an appropriate cover that can reduce screen damage and impact damage.
- Individual subject area teachers will take the responsibility to store items that are indicated (ie: ELA, Art, Science, etc.)
- Classroom interior painting has concluded. Classrooms will have new furniture and windows are being treated to prevent visual access while increasing overall brightness.
- Kindergarten - Eighth Grade Extended Care will change to the Santa Ana Building (J11-J12) area. We are currently working on developing a dedicated fully enclosed play area, interactive activities and study areas for children who will be participating in Extended Care.
- For grades 3-8: iPad with iOS 5 or later, or iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- The Preschool-Prekindergarten play area is being upgraded with new turf area, furniture and experiential learning areas.
- School Supply Lists are in development and will be posted online, emailed and accessible in our New SJDL School App no later than Friday, July 22. We are doing all we can to ensure that the supplies are minimized and mindful to "Start of Year" necessities for learning success.
- iPads are NO LONGER required for Kindergarten - Second Grade students. Classroom iPads will be available, based on specific and intentional needs, for all students in these respective grade levels.
- The Revised 2022-2023 Parent/Student Handbook now avaiable. Please click here to review.
New School App Launched
We are excited to announce that the New SJDL APP has officially launched on the Apple App store and will be coming soon to the Google Play Store for Android users.
Here are a couple of notes regarding the new app:
It has been set to auto update on iPhones and when launched on the Google Play Store it will auto update to Android devices.
If it has not auto updated on your iPhone, you can update the app directly through your Apple App Store account (Profile-->Purchased-->Update)
When prompted to add your profile:
Please add your name
Click SAVE in the upper right corner.
A text message will be sent to your phone to verify your profile.
Once you are taken back to the app, you can then select "My Interests" by click the greyed out check mark turning it green.
Please note that most Push Notifications will be sent to the whole school, but these "Interests" will allow us to send dedicated push notifications to the respective grade levels and groups.
Please note the "How to Login" button which will give you directions on how to Login to the secured links. You will need to know your Family Portal login User name and Password. If you cannot remember your User Name or Password please click the "Forgot User Name/Password?" link and you will receive an email (used in registering your child(ren) for the current 2022-2023 school year) with directions on how to reset your password. Remember, the District Code is SJDL-CA.
We will continue to work through bugs that may occur and are inherent to any new app launch in a timely manner. We will send an email notifying Android users when the App has updated on the Google Play Store.
Thank you and we hope you and your family are having a great summer!
Online Reenrollment Process
Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac School’s administration and staff are already looking ahead and making plans for next school year. In preparation for the start of 2022-2023, please take time now to complete the reenrollment for next year.
To complete our online reenrollment process, you will access our Family Portal through your existing login. If you do not have a login, please follow the Instructions for Creating a Family Portal Login listed below.
To access Family Portal:
Please go to www.factsmgt.com
Select Parent Log In from the menu bar and FACTS Family Portal from the drop-down menu. District Code: SJDL-CA
Type in your username and password. If you have forgotten your username or password, please click on the link provided. DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT.
After logging in, click on Apply/Enroll in the left menu.
Click on the Enrollment/Reenrollment link.
Our Online Enrollment system will open with a link to the enrollment packet for your child(ren). The online process should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Your information will be saved if you need to quit and come back later.
The Instructions and Enrollment Checklist page of the enrollment packet contains supplemental enrollment forms that also must be submitted. Further instructions on these forms are provided online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office at (714) 542-4271.
Instructions for Creating a Family Portal Login
Please go to www.factsmgt.com.
Select Parent Log In from the menu bar and FACTS Family Portal from the drop-down menu.
After the FACTS Family Portal Login screen opens, please select Create New Family Portal Account.
Enter (SJDL-CA) into the District Code field.
Enter in the Email field your email address as provided in your application to the school.
Click the Create Account button.
You will receive an email from FACTS SIS Customer Support containing a link that will allow you to create your username and password. For security purposes the link will remain active for 6 hours.
Please click on the link. A Change/Create Password screen will open. You may use the default username provided, or create a new username. Then type in your desired password into the Password field and Confirm Field.
Click on the Save Username and/or Password button.
Close the window.
Log into Family Portal as instructed above.
Mark Your Calendars