Prekindergarten Synchronous Online Resources
Our shared mission is to provide remote learners a rigorous and accessible platform that centers on structured synchronous aspects present in a live classroom, as well as differentiated asynchronous engaging opportunities throughout the learning cycle along with a commitment to planning, articulating and motivating learners through consistent and effective timely feedback.
As we work through the logistics of remote learning with all of our students and families, parents will have to play a major role in ensuring that their child is completing assignments, keeping on task, and submitting their assignments on or before stated due dates. We are asking parents to be responsible for the following:
- Dedicate a space in the house as a "learning space". This can be any space with room to work and store materials that won't be disruptive while your child is interacting with online content.
- Monitor children whenever they are online, even while completing tasks during Remote Learning.
- Follow the provided daily schedule for each cycle day. Students are required to actively participate in the Synchronous Online Learning class.
- Students will need to follow the "Free Dress Code" stated in the Parent Handbook. The school strongly recommends that students wear their uniforms during the virtual classes.
- Review the formative assignments that are posted under the classroom portal and discuss strategies with your child regarding the completion and virtual submission of all assignments.
- Update parents at least once a week regarding the progress of your child.
- Post tasks on the respective Virtual Classroom in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback on work submitted in a timely manner.
Known Issues and Troubleshooting
If you are having any trouble with a website on a child's iPad device (like it is not loading or you get an error message) please do the following:
1. From the iPad home screen tap on the "Settings" button.
2. Scroll down, and select “Safari.”
3. Select “Clear History and Website Data” at the bottom
Trouble accessing Google Classroom
- Please be sure that you have signed in to your child's email address using www.gmail.com prior to trying to access your child's repsective Google Classroom.
- Be sure that you are using your child's email address and not your personal or parent email.
- Sign out of any gmail account you may be signed into. Having multiple accounts on the same device or browser can cause issues.
Trouble accessing Google Meet
- Note that the school's virtual classes (Meets) are accessible only through accounts within the @sjdlschool.com domain. Parents using personal or buisness email addresses will not be able to access the virtual class.
- Home bandwidth and routers will affect the overall performance of the Google Meet platform. This is not a school issue, but rather, an Internet Service Provider issue. Please be sure to have your ISP checked for appropriate bandwidths.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.