Fund the Field
Saint Jeanne Families, we need your help! Our athletic field turf is starting to show its 13 years of wear and needs to be replaced.With your generous help we can maintain this top notch facility for our students!Please read on to learn more about this extensive construction project and details on how you can make a donation.
TURF PROJECT Q&A
What is the scope of the project?
Replacement of existing 13 year old synthetic turf (FieldTurf) with new FieldTurf XTHD-50, 2” long blades. Field is approximately 127,500 square feet in area.
The Installation includes:
- Removal and disposal of the existing synthetic turf.
- Regrading of existing base.
- Installation of line markers for flag football, softball and soccer.
- Installation of pitcher’s mound and home-plate/batters box areas with synthetic turf in brown color.
- Installation of CoolPlay infill system
How do SJDL students use the field?
- Students use the field during PE classes in a variety of ways: games; running; exercises, etc.
- Children in grades 5-8 have access to the field at recess
- After school sports
- Flag football
- Variety of school activities like Jogger Joust and Annual Campout
What is the percentage (or hours used) breakdown for the field usage?
- The field is rented approximately 32 to 40 hours per week.
- Field is available to school for approximately 35 hours per week.
What is the total cost to renovate The Field of Dreams?
What percentage of this project are SJDL families being asked to contribute?
- The Sisters of the Company of Mary have fronted 50% of the project cost already. They are asking that we help fund 25% of the total project. The remainder is being sought from other donors and alumni.
Where does the revenue go for the rentals?
- The funds go toward ongoing maintenance and deferred maintenance.
What is the payment schedule with the contractors?
- Fifty percent (50%) of the Purchase Price due upon Customer's execution of the Agreement
- Twenty percent (20%) of the Purchase Price upon shipment of the Product from Supplier's manufacturing facility
- Remaining balance of thirty percent (30%) shall be divided as follows:
- Twenty percent (20%) upon substantial completion of the field, which shall be achieved when Customer is able to use the field for its intended purpose; and the final ten percent (10%) upon completion of all punch list items and the Certificate of Completion has been executed by the Customer.